The Top 3 Qualities To Look For In A Water Truck
When acquiring a new water truck for your business, there are certain things you need to look at. These trucks can be an excellent investment to your company, but they also come at a considerable expense. Whether you need a standard water truck or one with customized equipment here are 3 major things that you must consider before buying a truck of your own:
Consider the funds you have available and how much revenue the truck can bring you. If you are taking a loan or financing for the truck, it is also vital that you consider the interest rates associated with it and how long it will take you to pay it off. Wabash Mfg. Inc. has financing options available for you.
- Features and enhancement ability
Consider the benefits of buying a new truck in comparison to older models. Some models will have better mileage and technology, not to mention that some might be more compatible with the support equipment you need for your projects. Other things to look for are strong water pumps and valves to help keep the disbursement of water flowing, heavy-duty liners to protect from corrosion, and sturdy, well-protected hose reels and spray nozzles. If you are not sure about the quality of these parts, ask for specs and compare them with other trucks before purchasing.
Water Truck Safety 101
When using water trucks, there can be many potential hazards. That is why it is essential to know how to avoid and handle them should they arise. Some of the potential safety hazards to look out for are:
- Fall injuries
- Mud and puddles
- Tripping injuries
- Ice in water
Because accidents can occur easily, we must learn about water truck safety before operating these vehicles. Water trucks should also only be used for their intended purpose according to industry best practices. Some of the essential safety tips for water trucks are:
- To maintain situational awareness at all times
- To avoid oversaturating the ground
- To only start spraying when the truck has begun driving
- To always warm up the truck before using it
- To carefully adjust the speed of the truck
- To make sure that the truck is ready for any weather circumstances
Whether you are a seasoned driver or a beginner, it is crucial to regularly freshen up on your safety knowledge to avoid unnecessary issues and accidents. Be aware of your terrain and what is going on around you and follow operational guidelines as best you can.
The Importance Of Water Trucks In Mines And Construction.
Water trucks play a vital role in both small and large-scale projects across the construction and mining industry. They are equipped with specialty equipment to play critical roles in many different projects.
These trucks must carry large quantities of water in a single trip while navigating the rugged terrains of sites easily. This makes water trucks purpose-specific to mining and construction projects. If you are wondering what the benefit of a water truck to your job site might be, here are a few of the crucial tasks that water trucks can fulfill:
- Water trucks make it efficient and straightforward to create and maintain paths/roads through soil compaction, cutting down on unnecessary labour. These trucks compress the terrain into a flat, even surface in conjunction with rollers or graders.
- Mines depend on water trucks to suppress dust. Without these trucks, mines and construction sites might face many challenges due to excessive dust particles. Dust can minimize the lifespan of several types of equipment, create health issues for workers and make the work site almost unbearable.
These vehicles can be used in many different settings across these industries to aid and simplify operations. Custom water trucks can be built to match the needs of your specific terrain and site.
Using a Water Truck to Suppress Dust
Since dust suppression can be a vital part of construction and mining operations, it is crucial to procure a water truck for your site. Mining and construction sites must suppress dust to prevent air and water pollution due to dust travelling through the air.
Water trucks are a cost-effective way to get excellent results for dust control when used correctly. So how should you use water trucks? The answer to that question will depend greatly on your site’s size, atmospheric differences, and needs. For most sites, it might be necessary to apply water between 1-3 times a day.
Here are some of the advantages of using a water truck on your site:
- It reduces damage to equipment caused by dust particles.
- It reduces the amount of water needed for dust pollution reduction.
- It lowers health risks associated with dust pollution.
- It prevents dust from spreading to nearby areas and towns.
- It is used to spray roads to create hard, smooth, even roads that don’t cause dust or leave potholes.
By suppressing dust on your site, you will be able to avoid any potential hazards and legalities that may accompany dust and air pollution while maintaining a safe, pleasant and healthy work environment. Water trucks are by far the most effective and cost-efficient way to suppress big amounts of dust on your sites.
Using this guide, you will be able to make the right decision when procuring a water truck for your job site. If you require a customized heavy equipment solution for your water delivery needs, feel free to contact Wabash today. Wabash supplies water trucks and customized equipment that are specifically designed for mining, oilfield, construction and municipal operations. Throughout the day, Wabash water trucks can be a reliable source of water.